M.2 PCIe SSD Basic Installation Guidelines
• Our SSDs are intended to be professionally installed.
• Take proper electrostatic discharge (ESD) precautions before handling.
• Caution: Hot Part. Wait four (4) minutes after power has been removed from the device before handling.
• When handling your M.2 SSD, be sure to hold it along the side edges using your thumb and index finger. Avoid touching the components and connectors, as damage may occur.
• Make sure you’re working in a static-safe environment. Remove any plastic bags or papers from your work space.
What you will need:
• Arch Memory M.2 SSD
• Non-magnetic tip screwdriver
• Your system’s owner’s manual
• Refer to the User Manual of your system or device for location to install your SSD.
• Step 1: Shut down your system. Once your system has been powered off, unplug the power cable and then remove the battery (if applicable).
• Step 2: Remove your system’s case cover. Refer to your owner’s manual for how to do this.
• Step 3: Remove the mounting screw located across from the M.2 slot.
• Step 4: Carefully insert the M.2 SSD. Gently push the M.2 SSD into its slot, paying attention to the notch. The SSD will naturally stand at an angle when inserted - this is normal.
• Step 5: Secure the M.2 SSD using the mounting screw.
• Step 6: Once your M.2 drive has been securely fastened, replace your system’s case cover and reconnect the powercord/battery. Power on your system.
• If you aren't migrating data from an existing drive, install operating system, drivers, utilities and applications as needed. Installation is now complete.
• To transfer data from an existing M.2 SSD to a new M.2, we recommend the use of data migration (cloning) software. Data migration software is available from a variety of third-party vendors.